"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Friday, May 7, 2010

Arizona Cactus -

On my California hill.

When still living on East Third Drive, our Dad took me to the neighbor who raised cactus and gave me some. I took it home and planted it on my hillside. That was a happy memory with Daddy, as he was so excited to share these with me, knowing that I love cactus.


A little friend, found in the yard.

I still need more practice taking pictures,
but at least they are not blurry anymore!



A big friend, found on the deck!

5 comments:

Krista said...

do you ever eat cactus? i had it for the first time at a restaurant a little bit ago and like it!

sweet older sister said...

Yes, I have. In Murrieta our house there, had the nopales growing up the driveway, the mexican woman down the street would come and harvest them and showed me how to prepare them. Yes, they were good. I've had them with a spicy tomatoe sauce and I've had them with eggs. How did you have them prepared?

Pedaling said...

not blurry at all!
i love the pics.
in grade school in az. i remember learning & memorizing all the different kinds of cactus.

on time here in utah, one of our good friends was trying to describe that cactus that's really tall with the arms coming out of it....he didn't know it was called a saguaro.
ted and i thought that was so odd that he wouldn't know the name--but i guess if your weren't from arizona you may not know.

sandyseashells said...

Sheila and I went to the same schools. I had to memorize and learn all the cactus, too.
When we were just in Mesquite, I had Steak and cactus. It was steak prepared in a tomato sauce with cactus and veggies. It was really good. And of course, I've had prickly pear jelly.
That's so cool you planted that cactus you got with dad.
I love horny toads! I like how they go flat when you pet them. I haven't held one of them for years.
I like his 'big porch friend' too.

Shauna said...

great pics!!!
I want that lizard