"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 13: Found


Tourmaline!

A few years ago, Dion and I went to a Tourmaline mine in Pala California
We bought some buckets from the mine and searched through the clay, rocks and dirt.
I actually found some tourmaline!
Pink, green and black.
Pink tourmaline is more expensive, than green, black is the most common.
A real find is watermelon tourmaline which is green and pink!
Notice my pink tourmaline has a little green in it too, but is a very tiny specimen.

Later, Dale and I went to another tourmaline mine named Ocean View mine.
It was very interesting, we actually got to tour the mine.

I love rocks! It is exciting to find your own treasures!



For more information see:

http://www.digforgems.com/

1 comment:

sandyseashells said...

That is a 'good find'! Have you considered putting it on piece of jewelry? I love jewelry with a story behind it. I don't know much about rocks, but I like them.