"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Castles From Around the World

Windsor Castle- England



Longniddray Castle - Scotland


Killkenny Castle -Ireland


Hohenschwangau Castle -Germany


Himeji Castle (White Heron Castle) -Japan

Castles were originally built for protection from enemies, later they became residences of royalty and noblemen. I find their architecture interesting. But to live in a castle? Not for me. Too big, too much time involved in running the everyday affairs. To visit? Yes! However, many castles have a very sad history which can take away from the physical beauty of them.

My next post I will be discovering "castles close to home".

2 comments:

sandyseashells said...

I like the one in Japan. Not so "cold" looking. More of a "welcome", feeling to me.
Ok, if a fire hydrant has H2O on the inside, what does it have on the outside?? Dog pee?

Ellyse V. Girod said...

hahahaha, I just now got the joke! I feel silly it took so long, I like that tho, play on words i suppose you'd call it!