"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Great Summer So Far...

Only a few more weeks or so and summer will be over...SO SAD.

We enjoyed very very much or trip to the San Diego civic center, to see the musical: 
"Memphis" 
 Ted and Sheila kindly included us, along with their family and friends.
It was a great night out for Dennis and I!

Unfortunately I did not take pictures but Sheila posted some great ones:

BIG THANK YOU TO TED AND SHEILA FOR  A WONDERFUL MEMORY!


Dennis and I enjoyed alot of entertainment this summer, along with "Memphis" we enjoyed the
"Pageant of the Masters"  and "Lion King". But before school starts I wanted to go on a day trip to Coronado Island. Dallas went with me! We took the ferry from San Diego to Coronado Island.


and a seal on the way back!

We waved to the passengers on passing ships!
The ocean air was in our hair and it felt good!

We ate lunch at Lil' Piggy's
and it was delish!
We had fried pickles with Jalapeno Mustard. 
I had a Bar-b-q Mexican Torta with cabbage!
Dal had chicken bar-b-q sliders.

We took a bus to explore the Island and found a candy store!


We found something to take home for everyone. 
Then we hurried back to the dock to catch the ferry back to San Diego
where we stopped at: 
Yep! Little Italy! 
Our favorite Gelato Shop!


It was a sweet ending to a refreshing day~


3 comments:

Gram said...

I have been seeing and reading about all the places, fun and the love of one another during summer. I am happy to know that you make my grandchildren happy. Of course, I am happy because you are GRAND parents too.

sandyseashells said...

Sounds like a fun afternoon. And it's always fun to bring a little surprise home with you to share with others.

Pedaling said...

I'm sad to see summer slipping by, too.

so thrilled it worked our for all of us to go the Memphis together!
What a treat for all of us!

Pageant of the Masters--I gotta get out there to enjoy that one of these years!

Dallas is a fun one to take on a little day trip--especially when a candy store is involved!