"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Show Yourselves Thankful!

Living by these three words found at the end of Colossians 3:15 can make a real difference in our lives. By counting our blessings, then showing appreciation for them makes our emotional state positive. 

We are reminded at 2 Timothy 3:1-5, that we are living in the last days, critical times. People in general would be "lovers of themselves...unthankful". How can a true Christian avoid adopting this negative, "spirit of the world?" (Ephesians 2:2)

"This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: "I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk." -Isaiah 48:17 

By taking to heart God's instructions, applying Bible principles in our daily lives, we show deep appreciation for our Creator. Paying attention, by walking according to God's commands will draw us closer to our Heavenly Father. Is there any greater benefit than this?

"O let people give thanks to Jehovah for his loving-kindness
And for his wonderful works to the sons of men."
-Psalms 107:8


1 comment:

sandyseashells said...

I was just reading in Jeremiah. I know that God has plans for me, I just wish I knew what they were. But then I think, would I be and do things differently? I don't know.

This unrest going on in Israel is a sign of things to come. I don't understand it all, but I have been trying to read up on it.
Thanks for the information.