"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summertime!

"Then followed that beautiful season... Summer... Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood " -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As a child, I remember summer as the best time! Why? I didn't have to be separated from those I loved. Mom, with baby Sandy in her front basket, Vallerie, and I would ride our bikes up the road. One day we were at a small park and we were very thirsty! Yay! the park had a well with a hand pump and we pulled that handle up and down until we were rewarded with a stream of water coming out! Just one day I will never forget.

(Those were slower times.) More on the subject of summer -to be continued...

3 comments:

Jen said...

I still love the simpleness of summer. Although it is hot, we play kickball early in the morning or as the sun goes down. We play in the hose a lot.

We ride bikes in the evening. Watch movies with all the couch cushions made into separate seating areas.

I remember as a very young child, going with my dad (Tom) to "haul water". At the end of filling his water tank the water would spill over the top and I and Robyn would get drenched in it, then ride home in the back of the truck. We'd almost be totally dry by the time we reached his home.

Pedaling said...

i like slower times.
you know i love the school boo attends but they send home a packet in the summer of math facts and reading and a book report....
we've hardly touched it...
it's summer time for heavens sake...give it a rest!

i love summer- my favorite season of all time.
nice memory.
it's funny the things we recall!

arizona summers ARE HOT!
and i remember hauling water with tom, too.

sandyseashells said...

I like Spring.
I like those water pumps. They remind me of childhood also.
They still have them, in most camp grounds around that I stay at.