"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We have many Hummingbirds!

They fly about our heads, humming in our ears. Yesterday I counted about six to seven! Too Bad! I can't catch them with my camera! Either it is slow, or I am. We definitely are enjoying these gems, created by our loving Heavenly Father.


A tiny little hummingbird

Once took me by surprize

Whirring wings with color bright

He flew before my eyes.


Iridescent greens and reds

He took my breath away

He dipped right in the flowers

What a treat for me to-day!

He hovered over lilacs

And the roses he did seek

He sucked up the sweet nectar

With his slender long black beak

I watch in awe as off he flew

His wings were beating fast

A tiny lovely hummingbird

I've seen up close at last.

-Charlotte Anselmo

(For more hummers see previous post)

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

i like hummingbirds... i remember when i was a kid, i'd get all excited upon seeing one.
i should get me a feeder.
but that might attract other birds
and i don't really like many other kinds of birds.

sandyseashells said...

They really are fun to watch.
When I worked as a dental assistant, we had a feeder right in front of the window so the patients could see it from the dental chair. I refilled that bottle feeder often. We all enjoyed watching them buzz in for a drink.