"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three Herbs to Love!

I have three culinary herbs I simply do not want to live without.


BASIL

I love Basil! I use it with tomatoes, pizzas, pasta...... All the yummmy foods, Italian style.
Here is a little trick I do with steamed whole baby carrots. Just steam them until they are just getting tender, than put them in a pan of melted butter, pour a little pure maple syrup into them and top with fresh chopped basil. mmmmm mmmm good!




CILANTRO
No Mexican kitchen would be without this herb. It actually helps to lower blood sugar, so I've been told. I always put it in salsa and my Spanish rice. I love its unique flavor. It is also used in Asian foods.



THYME

This is the herb I USE the most! I put it in everything almost! I never cook chicken with out it! Thyme goes on my roasted chicken, grilled chicken, fried chicken and into my chicken soup! I love thyme in my potatoes, fried, baked or otherwise! Thyme with eggs is very French and very good!
I have heard of a very good, though I have not yet tried, Lemon Thyme sherbet. I am sure I will LOVE that!

So those of you thinking of planting an herb garden remember these tremendous three!
(I understand they are very easy to grow)

1 comment:

Pedaling said...

i use all of those-
and any vegetable with maple syrup poured on top has got to be good!